If you signed up for a membership and chose to receive your key in the mail, you can still start riding right away. Just go to any Capital Bikeshare kiosk and insert the credit card associated with your account to get a one-time-use ride code (don’t worry, you won’t be charged again). Once you get your ride code, type it into the keypad on a dock with an available bike to unlock the bike. To ride again, insert the same credit card to get a new ride code.
Alternatively, you can use the Capital Bikeshare mobile app or link your account to the Lyft app to unlock bicycles. To get a ride code using the app, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Capital Bikeshare station you'd like to use and tap the station icon in the map
- Pick out your bike at the station
- Select "Unlock a bike" and a 5-digit ride code will appear on the screen
- Type the 5-digit ride code into any dock with an available bike within 30 seconds to unlock your bike
- When the light on the dock turns green, lift the bike by the seat to unlock it
- Enjoy your ride!