If you received a push notification or SMS about an open rental ("Looks like you've had that bike out for a while...") but are no longer riding, we encourage you to head back to the station to ensure your bike is properly docked. Please note that after the initial time included in your pass price or membership, your credit card on file will be charged usage fees.
Single Trips costs $1 to unlock and $0.05 per minute for rides on a classic bike and $0.15 per minute for an ebike. 24-Hour Passes, 30-Day Passes and annual membership include classic bike trips under 45 minutes. Members enjoy no unlock fees and ebikes at a discounted rate of $0.10 per minute.
If you have an open rental but have already returned your bike, your bike may not have been docked properly. If you remember where you docked the bike, return to that station and re-dock the bike – make sure that you get a green light on the dock, which indicates that it is locked.
If you're certain that you docked your bike properly and got a green light on the dock, it may be that the station is temporarily offline and we have not yet gotten the update that your ride has ended. In these cases, the issue should resolve itself within a couple of hours. Log into your account online, click on Account Summary, and make sure your "Last Trip" has an ending date/time.
You can also try the following troubleshooting steps to successfully dock your bike:
- Push the bike into the dock and hold firmly in place for at least 5 seconds
- Reposition the triangle so that it is perpendicular to the station, and hold in place to guide it into the dock
- Lift the bike from the seat while pushing/pulling the bike
- If the triangle on the bike is loose, put one hand on the triangle and one on the bike, then guide it into the dock
- Check inside the dock to see if an object is jammed inside that would prevent the triangle from going in
- Also check to see if there are objects surrounding the dock that may block the front wheel of the tire